Mars is just 13 days away from its retrograde in Aries and is currently just 2° away from the point it retrogrades at. Meaning, Mars a fast-moving planet whose purpose is to move, energize, activate, inflame and assert its will; is basically standing still in the sky unable to enact any of his normal traits or activities. Moving only 2° in 13 days takes away the ability for Mars to do any of its normal significations, which essentially creates frustration, stagnation and pent up energy beginning to build, and build and build, until the Mars retrogradation on September 10 (AEST).
Interestingly at the time of the Mars retrogradation the Moon will be a waning in Gemini applying to the north node, and in a tight sextile aspect, giving the beginning of this retrograde a more inflated and fiery quality thanks to the North Node, and the waning cycle of releasing of an air sign moon and its emotions. If there was a match, to strike Mars and the jacked up moreish quality of the north node (rahu) this could well be a potential hotspot, or a cautious date to keep an eye on (September 10th).
Saturn has been and will continue to square Mars. A difficult or challenging aspect in Astrology, a square aspect adds friction to the relationship between two planets, whose general natures are opposing. Both Mars and Saturn are in rulership – meaning they are equally as strong and matched in the fight. Mars moving into a retrograde cycle, makes mars more volatile and un-predictive.
Mars is basically unable to express itself and goes rogue, whilst Saturn is operating as normal, and is all about asserting consequence, restriction, government power structures and control. The Mars Saturn square has been “on” since the 18th of August and begins to cool off at the beginning of October. Returning again in early 2021.
Saturn is the stern parent, and Mars the hyperactive child however this is a Mars whose energy has been so pent up that it’s become unpredictable and is ready to set a light all that is frustrating it. Resistance to Saturn will be strong, however Saturn is all about the long game, and looks to have the upper hand in this scenario. This is the dynamic that is playing out over the next couple of months, so stay tuned in and be on the look-out ! The next couple of months is a bit of roller coaster of a ride. 2020, the year that keeps giving ! Interestingly enough, this all begins to take shape, just as Melbourne is meant to come out of Stage 4 lockdown.
Rules of engagement
- Know where theses energies are activated in your life (link here for sign by sign large brushstrokes)
- Be mindful of overdoing it or underdoing things, the frustration or burn out from either are unpredictable and real, so is being accountable for it
- Understand this is the energy we are operating in, expect aggressions or over handed control mechanisms to be more obvious in your life along with the jostle between the two. Your role is to look after yourself within the bigger pushes and pulls or activations.
- Know that this time will pass, but if something pops up don’t brush it aside. Attend to it. Ignoring it for later, isn’t a solution when you’re dealing with such frictive energies.
- Being overly aggressive or hostile yourself won’t help; it just draws you into something that will become larger than you initially anticipated.
4 thoughts on “MARS RETROGRADE & MARS SQUARE SATURN 2020”